I currently hold a full-time position as a Senior Web Front-end Developer at Georgetown University.
Please do not contact me regarding new opportunities or open positions. I am not accepting calls or offers from recruiters at this time. While I am not looking for any new opportunities at this time, you are welcome to check out my LinkedIn profile.
Where do Andrea's skills shine through?
- building web layouts with lean, accessible and easy-to-understand code through expert use of HTML and CSS for flat HTML and .NET-driven sites
- using progressive enhancement methods to address front-end accessibility and usability concerns during all stages of development
- coding templates and content with semantic and SEO-friendly HTML
- utilizing the client-side scripting framework jQuery and creating custom plugins
- developing strategies for implementing client-side code within the server-side environment
- educating designers about web standards and front-end development techniques
- standardizing style guides for sites with designers and copywriters
- reviewing creative mockups before build kick-off to address front-end concerns
- auditing front-end code for quality assurance and debugging sites for content or functionality issues
- learning new technologies efficiently through usage and experimentation
- managing deadlines and responsibilities for front-end project tasks
From late 2004 through January 2010, I was the Head Girl (organizer) of our local Harry Potter group at Potterdelphia.com. While no longer the Head Girl, I still work on the organization team and maintain the group's website.
Previous positions were held at Digitas Health and Refinery, Inc. I've freelanced with Corey McPherson Nash in Cambridge MA for the redesigned Harvard Faculty Club website. I've also created the original Comic Widows website.
Four CSS Zen Garden submissions! zengrounds made it to the official list, but there was also Bubble Zen, Ho Ho Ho!, and Best Foot Forward